Jonathan Dinan received his undergraduate degree from Bowling Green State University in 2009, earning a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, specializing in Finance with a minor in International Business. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toledo in 2013, graduating cum laude. While in law school, Jonathan was a Contributing Editor and a published member of the University of Toledo Law Review.
Jonathan began his legal career during law school as an extern for the Sixth District Court of Appeals where he analyzed cases before the court and drafted decisions for the appeals judges. He was later a law clerk for a labor & employment firm in Toledo, Ohio where he worked on matters before the National Labor Relations Board and civil court cases that involved civil enforcement of prevailing wage and minimum wage laws. After law school, he began his own practice, working as a general practitioner. Jonathan was hired by Allotta | Farley Co., L.P.A. as an Associate in 2016. In this capacity, Jonathan has represented and advised Taft-Hartley Plans in several respects, including drafting and implantation of plan documents, ERISA consultation, IRS plan submission and qualification, IRS Voluntary Compliance Program submissions, prohibited transaction issues, collection of fringe benefit contributions from delinquent employers, and collection of withdrawal liability. In addition, Jonathan consults and represents Joint Apprenticeship Training Committees in matters related to program qualification and DOL, OSAC, and ERISA compliance. Jonathan also has experience in civil litigation, labor arbitrations, and investigations before the Ohio Civil Rights Commission.
No Longer a Defense: Mistakes of State Law as a Defense for Violations of the FDCPA, 44 U. Tol. L. Rev. 635 (2013).
Areas of Practice:
- ERISA Multiemployer and Single Benefit Plans
- Joint Apprenticeship Training Committees
- ERISA Delinquent Employer Litigation
- Labor Relations
- Employment Law
- Basic Estate Planning
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 2013
- United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio, 2015
- United States District Court, Southern District of Ohio, 2017
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2017
Activities & Professional Associations:
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Toledo Bar Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- Lawyers Coordinating Committee – AFL-CIO
- Free & Accepted Masons, Wood County Lodge #112, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Shriners International, Zenobia Shrine, Perrysburg, Ohio